Beth Goddard stayed home to raise her four sons after leaving her last job with Telosa Software in 2004. Two of her sons have special needs, one diagnosed with Autism and one with a rare chromosomal abnormality, trisomy 8q. She has spent countless hours working with and filing claims and appeals for her family and many friends with similar needs with various medical insurance companies and organizations such as United Healthcare, Anthem Blue Cross, Cigna Healthcare, Medi-Cal plans including Health Plan of San Mateo, California Children’s Services (CCS), Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital, Oakland’s Children Hospital, Golden Gate Regional Center and more.
Beth also works with the Mental Health and Autism Insurance Project to credential and contract ABA Providers and other licensed providers in both commercial and Medi-Cal health plans nationwide. See http://www.autismhealthinsurance.org/.
Beth's Involvement in Our Community
- Volunteer at Sequoia High School, North Star Academy and Clifford Elementary
- Volunteer, with her son Robbie Batista, at Nine Lives Foundation, a no kill cat shelter (http://www.ninelivesfoundation.org/)
- Active with the Community Advisory Board’s Outreach committee for Children’s Health Council (CHC) in Palo Alto
- Advisor and Founding Board Member and Treasurer of SEPTAR (Special Education Parent and Teacher Association of Redwood City)
- Member of the San Carlos Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Let’s Buy a Farm, also known as Living Unlimited (http://www.living-unlimited.org/) parent group to research intentional farming community housing options for adult children with special needs